Friday 1 July 2016

My emotional affair

What are the signs of an emotional affair? How to identify an emotional affair? What do you need to know about emotional affairs? Through investing emotional energy and time with one another outside the marital relationship, the former platonic friendship can begin to form a strong emotional bond which hurts the intimacy of the spousal relationship.


Whereas the emotional affair feels like it’s much more about being connecte about loving or liking. WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

For many others, it is an intense emotional connection that the affair partners feel transcends even sex - in some cases it can go on for. Social-media sites are perfect havens for emotional cheaters, says Rodman. But why is there so much confusion, and gray areas, in defining what is an emotional affair?


Our emotional affair rocked on for over a year until the day he said to me, “I think I’m in love with you. Honestly, I felt the same about him, but hearing the. Emotional affairs occur when a deep emotional attachment or bond is created with someone outside of your relationship and it consumes your every waking thought and action. There usually is no intention for these bonds to become anything more.


Regardless, the line is thin between close friendships and emotional affairs.

Furthermore, emotional affairs can also quickly lead to flirtation and sexual encounters. Two years ago (we’ve now been married years with two kids, and 11) my wife entered into an emotional affair with an older man at work. He’s now and been married years, she’s 44. My husband and I have been together for years married 12. I recently had my fourth boy two weeks ago.


I found out he was having an emotional affair after I saw a text where says he was thinking about someone the whole weekend (that weekend we were on a mini getaway at the beach with out children and I pregnant with our 4th chil which he begged me for). You have every right to bring it up. Same happened to me, except mine had a full-blown affair. When I brought up that I knew he was having an affair , he got angry, with me and said if I didn’t like it, then leave.


Licensed marriage and family therapist Sheri Meyers wrote the book Chatting or Cheating, in which she lists some signs that your partner might be having. I did not know if an emotional affair is considered cheating and if I had the right to ask my wife to end the relationship. My story will show you how I was able to gain the knowledge needed to handle my unique situation. I speak from experience as I did this myself. Not wanting to end my marriage, but feeling sorry for my affair partner too.


With all my continued indecisiveness, the only thing that remained was my continued affair and confusion. Dragging on the affair just delayed the inevitable and prolonged the pain of everyone involved. An emotional affair is opening relationship doors that should remain closed.

One of the differences between a platonic friendship and an emotional affair is that an emotional affair is kept secret. Another difference is that people involved in an emotional affair often feel a sexual attraction for one another. All too often, she is someone who was is in contact with him on social media, in social circles, family circles, work circles, whatever the case. He refuses to talk about it. I am beyond broken about it.


We went to counseling once, but he pulled the plug on it because it wasn’t going his way. I had an emotional crush on one of my online friends who I never met, just.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts